Saturday 28 June 2014

On patrol with the Broke Bone Aussies (aka BrisBane)

After Kevin has been quoting Bruce Shakespeare - William's lesser-known antipodean brother - I thought that I'd also provide a quote from the same play, "Barry V" (where Barry and his mates are trying to get back into the pub after being thrown out for being pissed)...

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the door up with our Aussie pissed.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the wombat, and pass me another stubby of XXXX..."

Sadly, Bruce's poetry was not quite as good as his brother's... However, Eureka's 15mm Australian figures are works of art in their own right - "A thing of beauty is a joy forever". I thought that I'd add a few pictures of the ones that I'd painted up. Like Bruce, however, my artistic abilities are sadly lacking, so I use these as a challenge to everyone else out there (Shane, can you hear me ?) to do better.  ;~)










4 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. I like the dusky finish giving the camou not an overbearing contrast. Now I have to equal your attempt, damn you! Off, outside, into the cold, to undercoat me Aussies.

    O my, now we have quotes from Keats on our blog :) Very...je ne sais quoi. (Excuse my French)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, for MacShane:

    ”Is this a paint brush which I see before me,
    The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.
    I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always modest, they look great Mark I myself have purchased an Aussie force of three bushmasters and a platoon with support teams.With M1 AIM's and aslav's on the assembly line and my scratch built M113as4 finished I hope to rally a good force size but I could use some guidance on platoon make up of all our unit types mech inf ,tank and cav.
    Steve from San'boks city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, try this:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9dspKYuoIlUdVE0YkpaT2dWQ1E/edit

    ReplyDelete